Friday, January 21, 2011

My Birthday Dress

Hello today

So today I'm gonna be working on my 28th birthday dress, its a Cynthia Rowley Simplicity patter 2250.  its got lots of pleats and darts in the bodice, so lets see how it turns out. I should come to about my knees by looking at the picture, I'm assuming the model is about 5' 10" and I'm only 5' 4" so in my case the longer the better don't wanna have and Britney moments getting out of a car :)

I'm doing my dress in a deep deep almost black purple with maroon and gold peaking out all around it, its pretty neat, so I'm very interested to see how this is gonna turn out eek.

Tonight I'm going to a hockey game just a local one to support the guys trying to make it into the big leagues.  I'm gonna wear my new jean skirt that i made, with a pair of black leggings and my new grey boots that i just bought from ALDO thanks to my husbands mom who gave me a gift certificate for Xmas i bought 2 pairs of boots and a skirt from Serena's. Anyways, I don't know what top I'm gonna wear, although I'm sure it wont matter since I'm gonna be wearing a jacket in the ice arena. 

But off i am to finish cutting out this pattern and putting it together, I'm gonna start with all the small pieces that i already know how to do before i tackle this bodice.....duh duh daaaaaa

I'll post pictures as soon as i get some progress

Sewer out

No comments:

Post a Comment