Friday, January 14, 2011

Cloth Diapering and reusable washcloths

So I spent my morning sewing up an order of thee cutest reusable wash clothes and baby wipes.  They have 2 inch blocks of pictures that say the color and a picture of lets say Yellow = sun.  To match is a beautiful newborn cloth diaper and a baby blue fleece diaper cover with a little heart appliqued on the bum.  I've had lots of fun doing this order cause the colors are extremely vibrant.  Even the saddest person would smile :)

On my list of things to do this week are a set of pot holders and matching oven mitts.  Black with pink high lights....let me tell you, i look forward to these, I think black and pink are the best contrast colors ever.  They are super fun and well obviously super useful.

Than to start the infamous......PINK QUILT......all things pink all pink, pink pink pink.....my sewing area looks like Pepto Bismul right now ha ha, but lets say, I LOVE IT.....if anyone ever feels like there life is dull or boring...become a quilter....your life will be turned upside down and sideways with all the colors and fabrics and intense designs.  You will be able to pick out a Rail Fence quilt or a 9 patch in no time, things will start to make sense as you put 2 and 2 together, you will never look at a blanket the same way...you will envy it and its time and effort and artistic abilities. Its a WHOLE new world lets say.  I love my new world as I've only been sewing for approximately 18 m as that's how old my son is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment