Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Quitting FACEBOOK for 1 whole month - Day #1

You would think that quitting something as useless as facebook would be easy right? Just turn around and walk away. I thought so too, I am quitting facebook for 1 entire month to see if I am strong enough to do it. I started my challenge July 1st at 12am officially. It is now 7:24am and the first thing I wanted to do when I woke up this morning was complain about how early my 2 year old woke up. But Since I had made a vow, I did not go onto facebook ( although I'm keeping my business page open )

Than I started thinking.... who cares how early I woke up, yeah maybe I would of caught the attention of another early bird mommy friend and we could of complained a little bit with about 2 sentences than that would be it, and to someone I don't even talk to everyday. I have noticed that some of the first thoughts that go through my head are status updates... like I will be walking down the street and think " I should update my status and say were I am going " Than I get back to that all mighty question. Who fucking cares?

Its not that the people on my contact list aren't my real friends, I have a lot of real friends that I see regularly, but alot of the times now when i see them, i start talking about something and they say " oh yeah I already know, your facebook. " and I'm like oh yeah crap. ANYWAYS. Than everything gets awkward and you run out of shit to say.

Facebook is most definitely a safety zone, a security blanket. Be who you want to be.



I am taking a step back to find out who I really am these days. Not that I have ever pretended to be anyone else but myself, but I would like to know if I can still make friends the good ole fashion way.

I'm not bashing facebook at all either, its not the creators fault that we are all weak human beings with a huge desire now to say every thought we have

Peace Out Personal Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment